Saturday, December 17, 2011

Achievement Unlocked: BA Obtained

Yesterday, I finally got my results. I am now the proud owner of a BA in English Literature and Classical Civilisations! It's been four long years, and I couldn't have done it without the support of my family and friends. HUZZAH!

I have handed in my acceptance of offer form to the university about my PGCE, and my online account now reads "OFFERED AND STUDENT ACCEPTED" on the Post-Grad Application section. All I have to do now, I hope, is wait for information from the Education Department.

There is a Ceremony for graduation, only in April, and my family intends on coming down and seeing where I've been for the past 4 years. Also on the schedule is a Garden Party, where we still wear our fancy gear but the atmosphere is far more chilled, and a Graduation Ball- which is optional but my significant other has made vague hints about wanting to attend. It's kind of exciting, I'll admit. 

I finally feel like I'm going somewhere with my life, which I probably haven't felt since I started university in 2008. Doing a PGCE can point me in a specific direction of work, teaching young children, and it's something that I am (possibly naively) looking forward to doing. My family have started joking about what I'm going to call myself (Mulholland is slightly mangled in my non-standard accent), which I take as a good sign.

Still haven't done Christmas shopping, though. Cannot believe it's only 8 days until Christmas, it sounds totally nuts. I've been so tied up thinking about my results that the festive season is now fully upon me, claws out and teeth bared. At least I have a good idea of what to get for some of the people I should buy for.

No comments:

Post a Comment