Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The Beginning.

So, here it is. Yikes. Just kicking the tires on this Blogger thing. I've tried a multitude of blogs before, all over the place, but none have really stuck. My old Livejournal survives only as a reader, using the friend feature to watch variety of other journals. A number of my fellow students at my university use Blogger (hi, Brendan and Karlien!) and I thought I'd follow suit, especially since Google now lets G+ users get going on Blogger without the hassle of creating yet another account.

I've decided to try again because I am at a transition point in my life. I'm about to write my final undergraduate exams and am soon to hear from the Education Faculty whether they want to offer me a position there next year as a PGCE candidate or not. If these plans fall into place then I'll become what other Education bloggers are calling a Student Teacher, though I'll be doing a lot more theory than actual practice. Very often, these courses require you to have a teaching journal (the University of Cape Town's PGCE website discusses this), chronicling your journey through the process. Having a 'professional' blog set up for this purpose already would be a benefit. Besides the possible official use, I like the idea of a permanent home for what I write besides Google+.

Here I go, then. Please bear with me while I learn how Blogger works, it looks simple enough for my purposes but you never can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment