Friday, February 03, 2017

How to Log into the Google Chrome Browser (and Why)

After passing the Google Certified Educator level 2 exam at the end of last year, I have been getting more comfortable with the idea of starting to use GAFE (Google Apps for Education) with younger students. The Twitter chat-tag #GAFE4littles has been invaluable in giving advice and ideas in this project, many thanks to everyone there. I highly suggest you check it out if you are also trying to get Google Apps into the hands of youngsters.

The situation:

I manage a computer lab of 26 Windows desktop pcs. Last week, I manually logged each Gr 3 child into their Chrome browser. I was able to do this because each student already has a unique desktop login so their browsers will remain separate. Logging into Chrome is a great step because my default it logs you into any Google website you visit, like Google Classroom or Google Drive. With younger children this is a great timesaver and will prevent you going grey trying to get them to learn yet another login!

How to log a GAFE student into their Chrome browser:







No comments:

Post a Comment