Thursday, May 23, 2013

Senior Primary Display: Walk on the Wild Side

This afternoon, I finished the display for the senior (Grades 4-7) side of the library. After asking the classes which themes would interest them, I settled on 'animals'. This allows me to put animal non-fiction as well as fiction books on the display. I hope that the students enjoy it, and that it is as big of a hit as the "VP and the World" display was on the junior side.

Click to enlarge the images. I hope to take more detailed ones when I have time!

Before - Random collection of posters:


After - Walk on the Wild Side:


The white text is filled with various animal facts and 'Did You Know' snippets. The pink basket to the left is our Animal Ark collection. The various wooden animals were stored in a random cupboard in the library- thanks to whatever teacher/librarian left them there, they were a perfect addition to the display! The centerpiece of the display, the (hopefully) friendly snake turned out better than expected, I didn't follow any design and it somehow looks pretty good for a first attempt. I like the animal font, but if I was to redo the display I would cut the black letters in such a way that they would have white paper as an outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment